Thursday, January 8, 2009

Tony Robbins Would Agree

The body follows where the mind goes.

You need to focus your mind on he task at hand.

Seems simple enough. But as you are fully away aware, distractions
are many.

So it boils down to a decision. A decision about what is important
to you.

I am NOT saying any decision is more than the other. One must live
the life they need to at that time.

But when you have the time, the opportunity and the energy, if you
commit yourself to that decision great things will happen.

Naturally, I will focus on the health side of things. But this can
apply to many aspects of life.

If your decision is to get fitter and healthier and you put all of
your energy into it you will be amazed at your results. I guarantee
it.

My point: Think long and hard about what you want to do with your
body. I'm sure whatever it is it will be a combination of
resistance training and cardio. Don't skimp on either.

I can not stress enough: once your mind is set amazing things will
get done.

I've done it myself. Now it is your turn. Make it happen.

Today's tips:
1. If your goal is to feel better your food of choice is
vegetables. The micronutrients they provide really provide an
amazing base in your physiology so that the big chunky stuff like
grains, meats (and all there alternatives) and water can do their
thing more effectively. It is a balancing act.

2. Speaking about balance. When creating a plan for your physical
training it is important to consider your balance component.

It is nice to have strong powerful legs, but if you don't know what
direction they are going in they aren't much good to you when you
need them.

I wouldn't try to stand on a fitness ball right away. I am thinking
more along the lines of single leg squatts, single leg toe touches.
Simple but effective moves. Be sure to have a fitness professional
go over your options and technique before making any big changes.

I hope this finds you well and ready to make positive changes. Have
a wonderful day!

In health,

Todd

No comments: